Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This is Eliza....

I'll start from right now and work backwards.

WEDNESDAY

11:45AM We find internet cafe (minus the cafe part) with broadband. Yippee.

8:00 AM Seinfeld! Cheers! OPRAH!! Criss Angel Mindfreak!!

7:30 AM I actually wake up at a reasonable hour.

3:00 AM We discover cable television. Yessssss!!!

TUESDAY

5:00 PM Sleepy time.

4:00 PM We buy 2 huge bottles of water and a coke for 50 rupees. Whaaaa?

3:00 PM THE MOST TERRIFYING ORDEAL OF MY LIFE IS OVER.

12:00 PM We get a taxi. So normally driving about India is stressful enough. Why even paint the lanes on the road? Why? It started out fine driving out of the airport. Then the car starts to break down. Ahhhhh. It was putt-putt-putting along and Phil and I kept exchanging concerned, horrified glances. Turns out it just needed gas... yeah... driving down a busy street in Bagdograh (not spelled correctly) seemed bad enough but then we got to the MOUNTAINS. I am very scared of heights as is. Also, I am scared of bad drivers. Switching "lanes" on windy roads going 60mph is not fun. I thought to myself, "If I survive this, which I probably won't, I will write about it on blogspot." Many a monkey was sighted. We almost killed one.

10ish AM: Flight from Delhi takes off. I am scared of flying. Especially in commuter jets. Also, in foreign countries, your chances of a plane crash go from 1 in 11 million to 1 in 300,000 and it's even lower on commuter flights. Heh.............. Anywho... we saw Mount Everest!!! The top of it at least. It stuck right up through the clouds.

MONDAY

Our one full day in Delhi (so far). It was Ghandi's birthday so a lot of places were closed. The Arnies set us up on a little tour with their taxi driver. We saw the something Minar (?). I remembered it from the last time I was here. We drove by the Locust Temple. Went into the Humayan tombs. I bought a cashmere pashmina at some store the guy brought us to. By the end of it I was feeling really nauseous. We went back and I slept for like .... 6 hours. Pretty bad. I don't know why I was so nauseous. Probably from traveling. Everything I'd eaten so far had been fine. Really just bananas and eggs. We had dinner at 9:30. Mrs. Arnie made Italian chicken and it was goooood.

SUNDAY

Milan in the morning for a couple of hours. Very enjoyable flight from there because offffffffff LITTLE TVS!!! Score. Little TVs on the back of the seats. I watched Thank You for Smoking. So did Phil. I'm sure that Phil will tell you that in his vivd account full of big words.

Oh Lord I hate flying. I'm getting used to it though. Three flights in four days will do that.

Honestly, I have spent most of the time here sleeping. Might as well sleep while I can.

What else, what else.... it's so beautiful here. When you step out of our hotel room, the view is like nothing I have ever seen. Better even than our Paris view of the Louvre. The air is sooo much better than in Delhi and it's a little cooler. In Delhi, though, we had an air conditioner.

If Sam is reading this, none of the commercials are the same and it is very sad.

I miss everyone so much. I miss french fries. I miss traffic laws. I miss my feather bed. Mostly.... I miss french fries.

I am kind of stressed about getting to the village tomorrow. alsdk;fasjdf. I assume a taxi will take us but where is the headmaster's house??? I'm a very neurotic girl.

Someone send me a helicopter so I don't have to drive back out of here.

I miss you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home