Saturday, November 04, 2006

Chicken parmesean

I would really really like a chicken parmesean.
But lately I have been eating a lot of crackers with peanut butter on them and that has been filling. (This is Eliza, by the way).

Ummmmmmmmm.... uneventful past week. We had school everyday (sometimes it can be pretty irregular). Phil got to ring the school's gong. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but at the following (very random) times, a man in the village rings a huge gong for varying (very random) lengths of time. 6:30 am... 3 times? 7 am (and I am not lying) one hundred times. The best one is at noon. Anyway, Phil's dream is to ring the gong. We even went on a field trip with a drawing class to see him ring it. He got to ring the school one the very next day. It was hilarious.

(Most of) the kids are really cute. Some of them are bullies. There is one little girl in class 2 who has some kind of learning disability. It's sad because they really don't know how to deal with it. I don't know how she is in class 2... She's cute though. Yesterday she seemed to be warming up to me and would hold my hand and what not. Her sister, Divya, is soooooooo adorable. I don't think I've ever seen her not smiling. Yesterday during "Games" (a 90 minute period of just games... usually the boys + Pragya play cricket and the girls do whatever) the girls had a dance competition and I had to judge it. They made prizes out of trash from around the field. It was so cute.

Speakiing of competitions... sports day! Well, days. Last week, on Wednesday and Thursday there were 2 days of sports competitions for children AND adults. There were races, balloon bursting, dance competition, high jump/long jumping, etc etc. The first day was uneventful really. It was fun to watch though. The second day, Ruth (the other volunteer) came. I saw her from across the field and I was like, "Why does that person have blonde hair?" and it was Ruth. It was good to talk to someone who speaks English fluently.

Well the best part of the day was the pillow fight. The pillow fight is exactly how it sounds except worse. Two guys sit up on this huge bamboo thign and wack each other with pillows til one falls off. Phil had a little too much "Tiger Milk" I think and had a teacher sign him up to do it. Hhahahahhahahhaaaaaaaaa. I was soooo scared for him. Some of these guys are ripped. Hahahha. Ha. It was hilarious. He lost but he put in a good fight.

Then he did Tug of War with Jiwan's brother (and Ruth's headmaster) and SM. I was sooo sure they would lose. And they did lose the first time (it was 2 out of 3). But the 2nd time they won! They lost overall, unfortunately. So funny to watch.

I had way too much candy in those two days. Ruth also said SM was really bossy towards us about food. I, as usual, had barely touched the rice and he was like "You have compti! You must eat rice!" etc etc. Maybe he is bossy? I thought it was just the culture. What else.... oh Ruth is 26, much older than I thought. OH I forgot the worst thing.... We were supposed to go visit her in Bar (Barra?) Number the day after Sports Day and.... we didn't. When we woke up, though, SM wasn't there and so he couldn't show us the path! Not our fault... the worst part of it is: it was her birthday! Ugh. And SM went to a PTA meeting in Bar Number the other day and was like, "Oh Ruth was waiting for you a long time." I feel sooooooo bad. We were totalyl intending to go. We even were making her a gift of a chocolate bar and toilet paper. Oops.

The night we got back from Kalimpong during Diwali was pretty awesome. It was a huge partay. These guys came by with drums and what not and sang a song to us for seriously half an hour. They were so drunk. Then they came in and got mroe drunk and sang more and I got to play the drum. SM was pretty drunk too and danced with one of the guys. Great pictures.

Then these teenagers came by and danced. They danced for maybe an hour and then everyone was like "You dance! You dance!" to Phil and me and we were like "That's ok..." but then they broguht out music they thought we'd ilke to dance to (Barenaked Ladies and Alanis Morisette) and made us dance. It was fun. Lots of good pictures of that night.

Oooooh the backpack I brought wtih me is the same one I brought the last time I was in India and I found all the UNO cards I'd left in there. I think they belong to my cousins... We've been playing UNO a whole lot. Pragya lvoes it. Also, I am really amazing at gin rummy.

Finished Lord of the Rings. Read like 7 other books since then... I'm almost done with Oliver Twist and after that I am out of books. We foudn a bookstore though. I might read Harry Potter.

That's all. Looking forward to some goooooooooood food and some goooooooooood TV today.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Itis sp great to hear about what you guys are doing! Miss you so much!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/@
\ \
___> \
(__O) \
(____@) \
(____@) \
(__o)_ \
\ \

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well my little thumbs up drawing got messed up but you get the picture.

Oh and I dont think we ever actually played uno with those cards, its good theyre getting some use i suppose.


****/@
****\ \
***__> \
*(__O) \
(____@) \
(____@) \
*(__o)_ \
*******\ \

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

****/@
****\*\
**___>*\
*(__O)**\
(____@)**\
(____@)***\
*(__o)_****\
*******\****\

(Imagine the stars are blank spaces)

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom tells me you might move to NYC when you get back. I don't know how to make Chicken parmesan, but I will cook you all the pasta you might want.
Susi and Jo are visiting with your grandparents this week end.
Love aunt Sara

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the pictures digital, and can you post them somewhere?
Uncle Chan

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home