Monday, November 13, 2006

"You want this one?"

Last night we had dinner at Jiwan's house. His house is HUGE and very empty. Jiwan, Premika (his sister), and Santa along with a few other random people live in it. They have a western bathroom with toilet paper. A HUGE kitchen with a fridge.

The food was amazingggg. I had planned to eat there and then get back to the hotel ASAP to have dinner there because I didn't think I'd eat much at all. I was wrong. We had chicken (which I trusted because they have a fridge) and cauliflower and potatos and spinach (ick) and radishes (kind of ick). And dal bhat obvs.

Lots of bamboo... the dirnk I've mentioned a couple of times. It's millet and you add water to it and it ferments. It doesn't taste so foul anymore.

We had delicioussss pizza for lunch today. Pizza Pan didn't let us down for once. This was a very good weekend for food.

We watched Seven Years in Tibet this morning. Brad Pitt is a POW in Dehra Dun! Kind of funny. Lots of Himalaya action. I like this quote from it for obvious reasons:

"I am a person you don't know. A man you've never met...But you are someone who occupies my mind and my heart in this distant land where I've gone. If you can imagine a hidden place, tucked safely away from the world concealed by walls of high, snow-capped mountains, a place rich with all the strange beauty of your nighttime dreams... then you know where I am."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never was much interested in watching that movie now I just might. We found Kalimpong on google earth. Its bigger than I imagined.
Love,
Aunt Sara

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eliza and Phil,
Happy to hear that things are going so well--lots of activity, good food, interesting acquaintances, etc. Your quote was great--wish you were near to discuss it. Miss you lots!
Love, G and G

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home